NappyLuxe Celebrates 1st Year In Business: A Journey Of Empowering Parents To Choose Cloth
After a year of specialising in high quality and long lasting nappies, we are delighted to have celebrated the first anniversary of NappyLuxe.
When myself (Natalie) and my husband (Barney) set out to create NappyLuxe, we wanted to empower parents to use cloth nappies.
After celebrating the milestone year anniversary, we've had positive reviews, zero returns, and many conversations with happy customers.
The Birth of NappyLuxe
Back when we first entered the world of becoming new parents, we'd tried all the major brands of cloth nappies.
We realised that there was a gap in the market for a beautiful, high quality nappy that was also durable, long lasting, and built with leak-preventing features.
We also found a common theme emerging from other parents who had tried cloth nappies and given up: they'd been stung by poor quality nappies that leaked.
We were one of them, but we didn't let it deter us, it spurred us on to want to create something better.
NappyLuxe was born.
Some of the features of our nappies that we're most proud of include:
- Double leg elastics / double gussets - this helps to prevent leaks around baby's legs. It also creates extra depth to enable additional absorbency to be added easily for night-time use.
- Double layer of PUL - this is the outer, water resistant shell of the nappy. Most brands only have one layer, but with two layers there's double the protection against leaks.
- Ultra absorbent inserts - providing a total of 12 layers of absorbency for each nappy. We carefully selected bamboo terry for the inserts, to provide the perfect balance between absorbency and drying time.
- Double elasticated back panel - to prevent poo explosions up baby's back.
- Easy snap-in design - unlike fiddly pocket nappies, our inserts simply snap into place (and stay put).
Environmental Sustainability: The NappyLuxe Why
From the beginning, sustainability has been at the heart of NappyLuxe's mission.
If you've read our sustainability page, you'll know that each child gets through around 6,000 nappies before toilet training, and that disposable nappies are made of plastics which take up to 500 years to decompose in landfill.
There's no doubt that reusable nappies that can be washed in the washing machine are better for the environment compared to disposable nappies.
We use only the highest quality materials to create our products, including ultra absorbent bamboo cloth nappy inserts.
Our catchphrase at NappyLuxe HQ is "buy nice or buy it twice".
We believe that buying poor quality products only contributes to landfill when the products fail.
Our packaging is either fully compostable or made from recycled materials.
Empowering parents to reuse
When parents have a positive experience using cloth nappies, it's easy to continue using them.
We passionately believe in our products, but we also believe in empowering parents to choose to reuse.
This is why we have such detailed free guides for how to wash and clean modern cloth nappies correctly, and the ultimate guide to cloth nappies.
The Future for NappyLuxe
As we celebrate our first year in business, we are looking forward to the future.
We hope to continue to grow and expand our product line, while always staying true to our commitment to sustainability and empowering parents to choose cloth.
In the next year (and beyond) we plan to:
- Be a part of a collaborative store in Bulimba, Brisbane
- Continue to collaborate and partner with like-minded brands
- Launch an ambassador program
- Add new products to our store
- Run more cloth nappy workshops
We greatly look forward to another successful year ahead.
Thanks to all our customers, suppliers and brands we have collaborated with.
Meet the Author
Natalie, Founder of NappyLuxe, is an eco-conscious mother and entrepreneur who discovered the benefits of cloth nappies for her family and the environment. With a mission to create the ultimate cloth nappy, she spent years researching and testing various designs before launching NappyLuxe - a range of high-quality, easy-to-use, and ultra-absorbent cloth nappies. Natalie is passionate about sharing her experience and expertise, helping parents make informed decisions and embark on their own sustainable parenting journey.